Peace, Ecology & Justice
- Awareness in the Church and society of the connections between peace, ecology and justice.
- A Culture of Peace as a framework for these connections.
- Action on issues.
“God’s creation is one and it is good. The concerns for non-violence, sustainable development, justice and peace, and care for the environment are of vital importance for humanity.” Pope Benedict XVII World Youth Day Address, Barangaroo, Sydney 2008
The PEJ Centre works in partnership with other agencies, cultures and faith groups, offering inservice, forums and workshops.
We run short programs:
- “Growing a Culture of Peace” Formation
- Chocolate, Slavery and Debt
- Eucharist, Justice and Peace
- Ecological Conversion
We publish the Columban Connections newsletter
We provide resources
- The Faith Ecology Network (FEN).
- Youth Theatre of the Oppressed
We advocate on issues dealing with the debt campaign, GM food, climate change and globalisation.
We welcome interns and volunteers.
Anne Lanyon (Co-ordinator)
Fr Charles Rue
Fr Jack Evans
Sr Kateia Kaikai
167 Albert Rd Strathfield NSW 2135
(PO Box 2002 Strathfield NSW 2135)
Ph: (02) 9352 8021
Fax: (02) 9746 8033
Faith Ecology Network: firstname.lastname@example.org