In response to the Synod of Bishops for the Pan-Amazon region, held in Rome from 6 to 27 October 2019, Pope Francis has written a post-synodal apostolic exhortation called Querida Amazonia ('Beloved Amazon').
The document was released by the Holy See Press Office at a press conference on 12 February and is addressed "to the people of God and to all persons of good will".
The document has four chapters, each of which is dedicated to a "great dream": social, cultural, ecological and ecclesial.
Here is a useful list of reflections, links and resource guides associated with the exhortation document:
- Pope Francis’ apostolic exhortation, Querida Amazonia [Beloved Amazon]
- The brief video by the Pan-Amazonian Ecclesial Network (REPAM).
- Querida Amazonia Study Guide produced by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops
- A Short Reflection on the Post- Synodal Apostolic Exhortation of the Holy Father Francis, 'Querida Amazonia'by Mercy International Association
- Synod on the Amazon: A Cause for Great Joy by Columban Center for Advocacy and Outreach, Washington, D.C.