Pope Francis said: “The Golden Rule points us in a clear direction; Let us treat others with the same passion and compassion with which we want to be treated. Let us seek for others the same possibilities which we seek for ourselves” (The Washington Times, 24th September, 2015)
What is The Golden Rule?
The Golden Rule - treat others as you would like them to treat you - also known as the Ethic of Reciprocity, has been valued by human societies for thousands of years and is found worldwide throughout cultures, religions, secular philosophies and indigenous traditions. It reveals a profound unity underlying the rich diversity of human experience. With its emphasis on mutuality, interdependence and reciprocity, it is a simple but effective guide for respectful and harmonious co-existence.
The Golden Rule Poster can be used in schools, homes, congregations, universities, workplaces, hospitals and prisons for teaching compassion, multicultural and multireligious cooperation and human solidarity.
- Includes sacred texts from 13 different religions
- Promotes mutual respect and harmony in our multi-religious society
- Provides discussion topics for schools, homes, offices and congregations
- Shop online: A1 Poster (594mm x 841mm)
- Shop online: A4 Poster (pack of 25)
- Schools: Download Order Form (PDF)
- Retail: Download Order Form (PDF)
Columban Educational Resources provides background on the Catholic Church’s commitment to Interreligious Dialogue, practical tips about how to go about dialogue, links to the national organisations of those religions referred to on The Golden Rule Poster and other resources.