In November I attended the Parliament of the World’s Religions in Toronto. The word “Parliament” comes from Old French, “parler” = to speak, and gives us the theme for this issue of Bridges, speaking and listening.
- The Editorial reflects on speaking & listening (p.1).
- I report on The Parliament of the World’s Religions(pp. 6-7).
- Interfaith Dialogue Feeds the Soul (p. 8).
- Rather than speak in the abstract, share personal experience (p. 9).
- Distinguishing “Islam” and “Islamism” enable us to speak without denigrating Islam and Muslims (p. 10).
There are the familiar pages: Centre News (pp. 2-3), World News (pp. 4-5) and Coming Events (p. 11).
Click here to download the Bridges #81, December 2018
Let us speak well to, and of, each other;
and let us listen deeply to each other.
I wish our Christian readers a happy and holy Christmas;
I wish all our readers, safe holidays and every blessing in the New Year.
May people of all faiths grow in human solidarity as sisters and brothers together.
Rev Dr Patrick McInerney
Director, Columban Centre for Christian-Muslim Relations
|Join us on Social Media
Follow the conversation on Facebook:
Bridges Newsletter is published by the Columban Centre for Christian-Muslim Relations.