This issue of Bridges is about ‘God-talk’ or “theology”:
- We witness to God (or deny God) by what we say, but even more by what we do. In that sense, we are all “theologians”. Interreligious dialogue opens us to what God has said and done among believers from other religions (Editorial, p. 1).
- Staff from the Centre speak with parishioners, youth, students and women (Centre News, pp. 2-3)
- A Muslim Imam and a Catholic nun are recognised for service to humanity (World News, p. 4)
- Bishop Miguel Ayuso is appointed head of PCID and the Melkites study the Document on Human Fraternity (World News, p. 5)
- Words from past conflicts impact interfaith relations for the worse, but genuine encounter transforms them for the better (Abraham Conference, pp. 6-7)
- Acceptance, dialogue and mercy are crucial for doing theology (Pope Francis, p. 8)
- A new document, Education for Peace in a Multi-Religious World (Vatican & World Council of Churches, p. 9)
- Steps towards Christian-Muslim reconciliation in Nigeria (p. 10)
- Coming Events (p. 11)
Click here to download the Bridges #84, September 2019
Rev Dr Patrick McInerney
Director, Columban Centre for Christian-Muslim Relations
|Join us on Social Media
Follow the conversation on Facebook:
Bridges Newsletter is published by the Columban Centre for Christian-Muslim Relations.